Huxley had his first Dentist check up today, and although it maybe was premature (the dental hygienist said kids usually come in at three), Hux was a complete Prince. I am always so humbled by my sweet child's easy going nature, especially when he is 2 hours overdue for nap time!
No cavities, awesome teeth, although we had to start flossing since his little chompers are so close together, and Hux is getting his 2 year molars.
Finally, the light at the end of the Teething Tunnel!
We simply adore Collegien & their fabulous/comfy/adorable/non-slippery/packable/giftable slipper socks. With so many patterns and styles it's so incredibly hard to choose! Bonus points for making them in adult sizes too, because us big kids need to rock sweet slipper socks with the best of them, am I right?! Collegien also makes the prettiest tights & snuggliest socks--offered up in a rainbow of colors.
Collegien is pretty much a dream come true for your feet.
To enter to win a pair of slipper socks visit Collegien & leave a comment telling me who you'd gift your pair to, yourself, your Valentine, your new baby Niece, hey, these would even make for a stellar gift for your grandparent!
Can you believe a whole year has been added to your Book of Adventures?
Mommy and Daddy took you an Aquarium over the weekend--yet another first for you, and you loved it! Tonight we're having a little Birthday dinner with your Aunt & Uncle. Quiet and low-key. With cupcakes, of course.
You have stolen so many hearts in your two years on this planet with your loving nature, and playfulness. You remind us all what it's like to be young & encourage everyone to get down on the floor with you and embrace imagination.
3. Aden & Anais Moonlight Bamboo Swaddle - Since Baby will be arriving just in time for the hot hot summer these light swaddling blankets will pretty much be all the little love will be wearing & much cooler than the heavy flannel ones we used with our winter babe.
4. Graco SnugRide 30 Infant Car Seat - Best price, reviews & most of all the highest safety ratings. We used the same seat for Hux, but unfortunately it expired (yes, weird, carseats DO expire!).
5. IKEA Gulliver Crib - We are kicking ourselves for selling Huxley's gorgeous crib & changing table last summer, but he literally never slept in it! This purchase isn't high on our priority list since Baby will close by my side for the first month or so, but if and when we do get a crib, this one is perfect. Cheap, aesthetically what we like & convertible.
6. BOB Revolution SE Duallie Stroller - This is actually my second choice in double stroller, in my dreams Hux & Baby are cruising in a Bugaboo Donkey. But the price tag on the Donkey is steep, and the bells and whistles are definitely intimidating. The BOB is affordable enough & will be perfect for mountain strolls (you know...when we move to the mountains & all.)
7. Clara Von Zweigbergk Themis Mobile - Such a pretty pretty piece for the new combined nursery.
[Hux got a wee taste of dark chocolate over Christmas]
Hux is involved by default in pretty much everything we do & we wouldn't have it any other way. Lately though I've been trying to be more mindful of encouraging Huxley to participate in things I would typically save for nap time---mainly for my own convenience. Things such as baking, cleaning up, and crafts that are a little bit advanced for his little hands are being incorporated into our new routine & you know what? He totally loves it and exclaims, "I helper!!"
It just goes to show our little babe is becoming such a little man, and a helpful, compassionate, caring one at that.
It seems my New Years announcement was a tad ambiguous...this little man is indeed going to be a BIG BROTHER! We are just entering the 2nd trimester (holy smokes) & nearing 14 weeks along.
I feel great, aside from this horrendous sinus & ear infection that has taken over both myself and Huxley.
Matt and I are so incredibly excited, with a healthy dose of nervousness to boot. Having two in tow is going to be such a fun, crazy, awesome challenge, but we are both certain that Huxley will be amazing--as he always is, and effortlessly transition into his new role come July.
Along with being just beyond thrilled, I am feeling some guilt & sadness for our last moments with just Hux. When he's wrapped around my neck snuggling me I can't help wondering what it'll be like when the baby arrives and my arms must hold not one but two. I know this is a natural part of the process. I don't dwell, but those thoughts & feelings are there and I don't think they'll subside until we're really in the thick of it (after baby is born).
We look forward to sharing our adventure with you & send all good things.