Pages

11.25.2012

On weaning your babe...

I thought I'd make it official.
Because, posting it to a blog makes anything official, you know...

Hux is weaned at 22 months.

It's bittersweet & I truly believe this kid would've been at the boob until his first day of kindergarten.
Not that there is anything wrong with that, but it's just not for me...really.

The hardest part about weaning, for me, has been that I can't instantly comfort Hux, which to be honest, is really all our nursing sessions had become.

Huxley seems to be adjusting okay, and doesn't really bother asking for them anymore. He is still the same snuggle bug he's always been--LOVE that, and I love that he will cuddle me just to cuddle and not for the boobs.

All & all, it was time.

I'm so very thankful that I was able to nurse Huxley this long, albeit not exclusive, but it's still something I will always hold dear to my heart. All our little moments that breastfeeding gave us as Mother & Son have taught me so much about myself as a parent and has bonded us for life. 






xo

No comments: