Pages

8.22.2012

Making healthier choices for you + baby.

It's hard, I know, to consistently prepare healthy fresh meals for your family, but it truly is an investment on everyone's health.

Once you've made the decision to live a healthier lifestyle, you begin to pay closer attention to the foods you eat, products you use and even the clothes that you wear. You also pay close attention to the supplements that you take. I have Hux on a regimen of Multi-Vitamins, Flax oil, and pro-biotics, daily, and knock on wood--he hasn't gotten sick in a lonnng time.

Making the dive into conscious healthy living began in college. I did a week long Master Cleanse Detox and afterwards eliminated all meat products from my diet. I felt ah-mazing. I also had the luxury of being able to work out once (sometimes even twice!) a day.

Fast forward to now, and my lifestyle is a little bit different. I haven't had a regular work out schedule since 2010--although I did practice yoga throughout our pregnancy and afterwards. 

I began eating chicken, turkey while pregnant and now will eat fish every now and then. We focus more on what not to keep in our home. Things like junk food, soda, or candy (except the occasional organic lollipop) will never make it through the door. 

I also strive to make Huxley's meals from scratch with organic local produce. Of course there are nights where he gets an organic turkey dog with veggie sauce noodles, but as he grows he's really getting into the healthy stuff & I couldn't be more thrilled!

In a pinch I am fortunate enough to have some pretty amazing local products at our disposal thanks to working at Whole Foods Market. 

One of my all-time favorite snacks to have on hand is Helen's Pure Foods Tofu Tahini and Carrot spread. This spread is super yummy on your favorite cracker or veggie sticks and is packed with nutrition. Unfortunately, you will only find Helen’s Pure Foods products sold in the Mid-Atlantic region, but if you are ever out this way you definitely should try one of the various dips, spreads, or hummus treats that Helen creates!


xo


*This was a paid post brought to you by the lovely folks at Helen's Pure Foods where their products are made fresh, shipped fresh, and enjoyed fresh.*

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think your Blog is beautiful. It's simple and different and I appreciate that you're not doing what everyone else is. :)

meredith m said...

I love healthy choices, and I try to keep the pantry stocked with good things so when the food cravings hit I make good choices!