Pages

4.30.2012

I'm a believer. Sodastream Review

The kind folks at Sodastream sent us the works.
Seriously.
They were so generous & sent us our own Sodastream and pretty much all of the tasty flavors they have to offer. 

I'll be honest, it took me awhile to take the thing out of the box. All I was thinking was.."Another thing taking up room in the kitchen.." waa waa waa...woe is me, blah blah blah.

Well, all that changed when I had a craving for some sparkling water. 
We were all out of our canned 356 Club soda, and I wasn't about to make the trip to the store---
& so, out came the Sodastream.

It took me not even 5 minutes to have it up & carbonating.
Super easy--after installing the CO2 cartridge you simply fill one of the special BPA-Free carbonating bottles — you must use the special bottles for safety reasons — with filtered water and screw the bottle into the unit. Make sure that it is on properly or you'll have a mess. You then just press down on a button until you hear a "Buzz". You can also add more/less carbonation depending on your preference...we like ours extra fizzy! Once the fizz is in there, you remove the bottle from the unit and add the flavoring. Again, you can add more or less depending on your tastes.

 [add some lemonade & raspberries to your sparkling water & sip away!]

I like that their flavorings do not contain high-fructose corn syrups or any other nasty ingredient, however I keep it simple & just add unsweetened cranberry juice or lemon. Matt on the other hand...LOVES the flavorings, especially the "Energy Drink" one...the guy could live off that stuff.
We also have been getting creative making our own simple syrups with ginger & maple syrup...quick and delicious...and great for upset tummies.

I'm so thankful that I don't have to lug home cans or bottles of soda anymore...nor will they take up space in our recycling bin. The Sodastream doesn't take up much room, doesn't use electricity or batteries and is pretty flippin' fun to use!

The only downside is the CO2 cartridge needs to be replaced every 6-8weeks or 3-4months depending on which unit you have and how much fizz you like. Sodastream makes it really easy on you though & has an exchange/refill option set up on their website. Refills will run you anywhere from $29.99-$99.99...but again, totally worth it--you'd be spending that on soda anyways, right?!
I drank the carbonated Kool-Aid & man was is delicious.
I'm a believer in the Sodastream & you should be one too!

xo

No comments: