Pages

10.09.2011

in a perfect world...

...Lake Michigan would be just outside our door & our family would all be a short drive away.

Unfortunately, we live in a world that does not compromise easily...if at all.
But we are blessed to have family able to travel to us, and that we have jobs (period) where we can take time off to return the visit.

When we first found out we were pregnant the hardest part for me was being so far from my family. Although it was & has been tough, and I feel as though I am robbing a lot of people of Huxley, Matt & I have grown so much as people--as parents--going at this, basically, just the three of us.

It's different for Matt, as most of his family is nearby---and I love that. So he can't exactly relate, and has to deal with many of my "Missing Michigan" moments. Have I mentioned lately how amazing Matt is? He's amazing.

I just keep thinking of how this distance will change Huxley as a person. I want him grow up with a strong sense of family, and a deep love for his Grandparents and other family members.

So--we work hard everyday, saving, and planning for his future. Whatever that may hold, God only knows, but we have our hopes.
I love watching it unfold.
Huxley is just all sorts of wonderful, growing and shaping & reshaping everyday.


[the second he saw it he wanted in...]

xo

No comments: